Graeme Beveridge has been a Registered Tax Agent for over 40 years and spends considerable time maintaining his knowledge on all things tax. Graeme refers to Tax Specialists when required.
At Control Your Business we can assist you with the following:
- Preparation and lodgement of income tax returns for Companies, Partnerships, Trusts, Individuals, Superannuation Funds, Fringe Benefits Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Land Tax.
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS returns
- Review your current structures to ensure that you are not paying more tax than you should including applications to vary the amount of income tax instalments that need to be paid relating to your business.
- Prepare and lodge applications to vary the PAYGW instalments from your wage or salary.
- Provide advice regarding Director Penalty Notices (DPN) where your company is unable to pay it’s BAS liabilities or income tax. Failure to react quickly to a DPN can have disastrous consequences.
- Review of past year’s tax returns to ensure that you have not paid more tax than you should have. This is a common problem and we often go back several years to amend previous returns and recover substantial amounts of overpaid taxes. The highest instance so far was $200,000 refunded by the ATO to a client who had overpaid $160,000 6 years earlier. The ATO not only refunded the $160,000 but added almost $40,0000 in interest.
- We will negotiate with the ATO for the remission of interest and penalties and there have been numerous instances of large amounts being waived after our intervention. In July 2018 we successfully sought the remission of $22,000 for a client.
When a client changes Accountant/Tax Agent there is usually a good reason and often it is because of a belief that too much tax has been paid. Unfortunately, we find that to be true in too many instances and much of it is due to previous Accountants/Tax Agents not doing their job properly.